Capillary Technologies Acquires MartJack and Raises $45 Million Investment Round led by Warburg Pincus
SINGAPORE, September 2, 2015 – Capillary Technologies, a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions that help retailers intelligently engage with their customers, today announced that it has closed a $45 million Series C round of financing led by an affiliate of private equity firm Warburg Pincus. Existing investors Sequoia Capital and Norwest Venture Partners also participated in the round. Capillary will use the capital infusion to expand its offerings to enable clients to develop an omni-channel view of their customers, both organically by broadening its product suite, as well as inorganically via the acquisition of MartJack, Asia’s leading Multi Channel Commerce provider.
Capillary’s cloud-based platform, which can integrate into virtually any point-of-sale device, offers a one-stop solution for retail marketers to engage with their customers, by capturing and analyzing customer data, and enabling targeted customer communications to increase loyalty and engagement. By combining big data with a robust analytics engine, Capillary optimizes the relevance and profitability of personalized offers to consumers in real-time, significantly increasing both loyalty and sales.
“Warburg Pincus needs no introduction for the kind of strategic direction and commitment they bring to the table, in addition to the investment. This funding round validates our model and vision of enabling retailers to harness the power of the cloud and to provide a deeper connect for consumers across channels. It also puts us on the path to being one of Asia’s true product bellwethers, which will establish us as a strong contender on the global map of Enterprise SaaS solutions” said Aneesh Reddy, co-founder and CEO of Capillary Technologies.
“The retail sector in Asia is undergoing a significant transformation, as organized retail develops in tandem with e-commerce, and as retailers invest in tools to drive consumer loyalty and retention across online and offline channels. Under the leadership of Aneesh Reddy, Capillary has emerged as a preferred partner for retailers throughout emerging Asia as they navigate this evolving industry landscape. We are excited about partnering with a very talented management team with deep domain expertise, and believe that the company is well-positioned to further build on its strengths and successes”, said Nitin Nayar, Managing Director, Warburg Pincus.
Concurrent with this fundraise, Capillary has also undertaken significant portfolio expansions in areas of multi-channel commerce enablement, online-to-offline (“O2O”), predictive analytics and customer experience to expand its product and customer service capabilities.
Acquisition of MartJack – enabling Capillary to offer a comprehensive suite of e-commerce solutions for its clients
- MartJack is Asia’s leading multi-channel commerce platform serving over 250 companies, including major global brands such as Walmart, Unilever, Future Group, Lulu, Clarks, Body Shop and Aramex, who leverage its cloud platform to develop online storefronts enabling digital commerce with shoppers. Its ready-to-use software platform provides a one-shop digital commerce solution to brands across Asia, featuring 30+ payment partners, 10+ logistics partners and 70+ service partners (e.g. digital marketing, web development, catalog management, design services).
- MartJack’s Founder and CEO Abhay Deshpande remarked “Capillary and MartJack are pioneers in Enterprise SaaS and we believe our collaborative innovation will add significant value to consumer brands by creating memorable experiences for digitally-connected consumers. We see great synergies in our client base and product vision.”
- “Today’s consumers and businesses demand a seamless brand and shopping experience across all channels. Our portfolio expansion with MartJack will enable us to tap into the burgeoning digital and social commerce markets across Asia and EMEA, with an efficiently integrated omni-channel commerce and customer engagement solution that improves top-line for retail and brand satisfaction for the customer” added Reddy.
“Capillary is at the center of the largest multi-channel engagement revolution that the world is now witnessing,” said Shailesh Lakhani, Managing Partner at Sequoia Capital. “They have a proven management team, sustained revenue growth and a massive market opportunity. We are very excited to continue to support the company’s rapid expansion in Asia and globally.”
About Capillary Technologies
Capillary Technologies, based in Singapore, offers a cloud-based platform which powers end-to-end customer engagement, loyalty and social CRM solutions for more than 170 major brands across 20,000 stores, serving over 150 million consumers primarily in Asia, including India, South East Asia, China and the Middle East. Customers include industry leaders such as Pizza Hut, KFC, Puma, United Colors of Benetton, Pantaloons, Arvind Brands, Madura Garments, Red Tag, Bata, Courts, Lee and Timberland. Customers have realized as much as a 10% increase in same-store sales by leveraging Capillary’s solution, which combines frictionless consumer enrollment, back-end analytics and campaign management to drive consumer engagement across every major channel, including in-store, mobile, e-mail and social.
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus is a leading global private equity firm focused on growth investing. The firm has more than US$35 billion in assets under management. Its active portfolio of more than 120 companies is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. Founded in 1966, Warburg Pincus has raised 14 private equity funds which have invested more than US$50 billion in over 720 companies in more than 35 countries. The firm is headquartered in New York with offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mauritius, Mumbai, San Francisco, São Paulo and Shanghai.
For more information, visit www.warburgpincus.com
For further information please contact:
For Capillary Technologies: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Warburg Pincus:
India – Malini Roy, CDR India, +91 9920549085 or email@example.com
U.S. – Ed Trissel, +1 (212) 878-9288 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Mary Zimmerman, +1 (212) 878-9207 or email@example.com
- Capillary Technologies Raises Follow-On Capital to Further Expand Sales and Marketing of Industry-Leading Intelligent CRM Solutions
- Loyalty & Engagement Awards 2014, Singapore
- Retail's Big Show 2015 - National Retail Federation
- Communic Asia 2014, Singapore
- Capillary Technologies Raises $14 Million Series B Funding