On Friday, May 26th more than 50 CxOs from over 40 brands came together to Share, Learn & Decode at the Future of (Intelligence + Omnichannel} (FIO) in Gurugram. The Delhi leg of Capillary’s flagship event provided a great deal of “food for thought” to the attendees, thanks to the brilliant line-up of speakers who were present.
The panel discussion which was moderated by Fortune India’s Digital Editor, Mansi Kapur, included Anand Narang, VP-Marketing, Bata India, Ashish Agarwal, E-commerce Head & CIO, Pizza Hut, Karan Kumar, Head- Brand & Marketing, Fabindia as panellists.
Anant Maheshwari, President, Microsoft India delivered an eloquent keynote at FIO Delhi while Gunender Kapur, CEO, Vishal Mega Mart & Harminder Sahni, Founder, Wazir Advisors had a friendly conversation in a Fireside Chat at the event.
Decoding the future was the main concern in these discussions. The following are some of the key takeaways from them.
1) While Omnichannel is about providing a great customer experience, Intelligence is about making it relevant and personal
2) Today’s customers want the perfect integration between the digital and the physical world
3) Personalization, Conversational Commerce, Unified Experience, and Convenience are the 4 key factors a modern customer expects while choosing a particular retail point
4) The future belongs to the brave. It belongs to brands who have a long-term view and are ready to innovate, fail and WIN
5) Futuristic technologies will only become relevant if it works according to the context of the customers, their needs and wants
From order placement over voice recognition to AI lead business insights for decision makers, every new and upcoming technology that’s shaping the near future of retail was dissected. At Capillary we’ve been fortunate enough to work with 300+ large brands across 30+ countries in helping them decode the Future. We are more excited now than we were when we started our journey 8+ years ago to build new products that will help brands leapfrog.
This year, we’re taking FIO across Asia! Watch this space to learn when the event is coming near you.